Our Client is seeking a sharp and intelligent commercial underwriter to join their successful BC team! This is a great opportunity to join a longstanding insurance company who has consistently been voted a top employer for young people. This Underwriter will be responsible for assessing, loss analysing, negotiating, rating and issuing new business/renewals/endorsements for an assigned portfolio based on company's underwriting and pricing guidelines.
Who you are:
You are an analytical whizz who would like to dig into some complex and specialty accounts, and pride yourself on your excellent relationship skills with your brokers and customers. This is a complex and busy role, so you will have excellent time management skills and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Build and maintain effective business results and mutually trustworthy tri-lateral working relations with insureds and brokers
- Design and deliver underwriting products that meet standards for customer satisfaction, profit, use of capital, people, systems and risk.
- Manage risk through accurate analysis and diagnosis and the development of sound specifications.
- Detect, investigate and diagnose exposures and to avoid/minimize their business effects: underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management.
- Manage brokers, including performance monitoring, new appointments and cancellations.
- Develop business, including marketing initiatives through working relationships with brokers, insureds, local authorities, and local business and community associations
- University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent insurance experience
- CIP designation complete or in progress
- 3+ years of commercial property & casualty underwriting experience
- Overall experience and exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance
- Demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery as well as management and managing local brokerage plans
- Possess sound technical underwriting judgment
- Ability to organize and complete work on time and within budget
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective and professional negotiation, selling, and advocating skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.