Our Client is seeking a sharp and intelligent commercial underwriter to join their successful BC team! This is a great opportunity to join a longstanding insurance company who has consistently been voted a top employer for young people. This Underwriter will be responsible for assessing, loss analysing, negotiating, rating and issuing new business/renewals/endorsements for an assigned portfolio based on company's underwriting and pricing guidelines.
Who you are:
You are an analytical whizz who would like to dig into some complex and specialty accounts, and pride yourself on your excellent relationship skills with your brokers and customers. This is a complex and busy role, so you will have excellent time management skills and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Build and maintain effective business results and mutually trustworthy tri-lateral working relations with insureds and brokers
- Design and deliver underwriting products that meet standards for customer satisfaction, profit, use of capital, people, systems and risk.
- Manage risk through accurate analysis and diagnosis and the development of sound specifications.
- Detect, investigate and diagnose exposures and to avoid/minimize their business effects: underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management.
- Manage brokers, including performance monitoring, new appointments and cancellations.
- Develop business, including marketing initiatives through working relationships with brokers, insureds, local authorities, and local business and community associations
- University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent insurance experience
- CIP designation complete or in progress
- 3+ years of commercial property & casualty underwriting experience
- Overall experience and exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance
- Demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery as well as management and managing local brokerage plans
- Possess sound technical underwriting judgment
- Ability to organize and complete work on time and within budget
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective and professional negotiation, selling, and advocating skills
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant who meets the job requirements and qualifications in a timely manner.