Gore Mutual has created a new and exciting opportunity for a strong technical leader to join our Actuarial department. In this role, you will support an experienced team of Actuaries and drive innovative solutions that support our strategy and mission to change insurance for good.
Reporting to the VP, Pricing & Actuarial, the role provides guidance to senior leadership on product pricing and analytical strategy development, modelling accuracy, and has the technical expertise to challenge the status quo.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
• Conduct detailed peer reviews of all pricing & other analytical models produced by the Actuarial team, and ensure relevant Actuarial Standards of Practice (ASoPs) are applied
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of market and product trends, the competitive environment, and regulatory actions and decisions to share with stakeholders
• Provide technical guidance to Actuarial Managers
• Oversee implementation of advanced analytical techniques and strategies
• Manage the analysis and implementation of product and rate reviews to drive financial results in collaboration with Actuarial Managers
• Provide technical coaching and mentorship to team members
What will you need to succeed?
• Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience as an Actuary, ideally within the Property & Casualty insurance industry
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with FCAS designation is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Statistics, Math or any analytically oriented field of study
• Solid technical knowledge and programming skills with experience using modern predictive modelling techniques (i.e. GLM, GAM, GBM) and creating models from scratch; experience with developing, implementing, and maintaining machine learning models is preferred
• Excellent analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and implement best solutions in a timely manner
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.