This is an excellent opportunity to work with a long-standing insurance company based in Vancouver. Over the years they have been voted a top employer for young people and with their deep rooted background in the insurance industry, can provide a very attractive work environment and compensation package.
This role is especially suited to a property and casualty expert who wants to lead a team of professionals working on complex risks.
- Provide key technical guidance and management to Regional Underwriters.
- Manage and monitor the performance and competency of the Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants
- Develop and deliver flexible, specialized and bespoke underwriting solutions to key customer segments.
- Identify key accounts in key customer segments working collaboratively with the broker to provide underwriting, risk control and pricing solutions which assist in ensuring a successful outcome.
- Prioritize and manage workflow and work-load distribution.
- Implement underwriting strategy and philosophy including communication of and compliance with Corporate Underwriting guidelines together with the effective implementation, management and monitoring of the underwriting referral process within the Region.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key customers and brokers in the Region.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the marketplace (as it relates to key customer segments) including all competitors in terms of their underwriting strategy, products, coverage, risk appetite and capacity / limits
- Monitor legal, market, business and cultural trends relative to key customer segments; and assist Corporate Underwriting with any product enhancement and product development as requested.
- University degree or College diploma highly regarded
- CIP (completed); FCIP (preferred).
- 8+ years insurance experience (commercial property/liability).
- 2+ years Underwriting Management experience
- Experience in and exposure to complex case underwriting, product development, wording development and rate building / pricing strategy.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Paul Mulcahy and email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.