Totten Insurance Group is looking for a strong and hands-on Manager, Personal Lines Underwriting who will deliver exceptional service levels in Personal Lines policies to contribute and build a profitable portfolio of business. In this position, you will oversee an Ontario team based in the Oakville office that will underwrite and prepare quotes for Personal Lines to ensure competitiveness and profitability of business underwritten. You will be expected to maintain an ongoing awareness of the marketplace and to liaise with brokers to provide support and to promote business. This role also involves people leadership in mentoring and coaching and developing talent as well as strong market relations.
Totten is seeking a high performer who delivers more than what is expected, who provides excellent service by understanding our customers' needs, strong people leadership skills and who takes responsibility for their development, and who actively seeks new challenges. By taking the first step to apply, this is your chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Wholesalers in Canada!
- Overseeing a Personal Lines Portfolio
- Developing and executing underwriting profit and growth strategies
- Responsible for meeting individual and Ontario new business and renewal production targets
- Local lead for both foreign and domestic markets
- Working closely with the Chief Underwriting Officer on Personal Lines contracts as well on the development and refinement of underwriting guidelines and direction
- Enhancing current product offerings, anticipating and developing new products to meet the needs of the marketplace
- Building and growing retail distribution relationships
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Personal Lines Team including hiring, training, coaching, development and support of a team of Personal Lines Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants
- Developing strategy and implementation of cross selling opportunities for all regions, and development of integrated relationships between Totten Insurance Group, Brokers and Markets
- Developing and implementing clearly established portfolio strategy including Risk Appetite, Capacity, and Rate.
- Monitoring and reporting results for the Personal Lines Team strategic business unit and delivering an underwriting profit, organic growth and meeting revenue budgets.
- Seeking new opportunities for underwriting growth and development. Ensuring that segment underwriting operation and insurance risk issues are appropriately managed, and Pool Guidelines are adhered to.
- Developing Marketing and Production Plan involving all targeted key brokers with strategy to implement and achieve stated with these key brokers.
- Building and creating networks with broker force to develop profitable accounts for Totten Insurance Group by promoting and educating brokers of Totten products, initiatives and alternatives.
- Working with business segment leaders to develop competitive insurance solutions, including policy wordings, value added services, underwriting training and support.
- Monitoring research and analyzing market trends, competitor’s results and developments and leading the development of business cases for proposed new products, changes or enhancements, including wordings and coverage issues in the segments.
- The ‘go-to’ leader for the frontline Brokers. Ability to efficiently handle questions, inquiries and escalations promptly and consistently.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years Leadership/Managerial experience in leading people
- Minimum 5+ years Personal Insurance experience
- CIP / CAIB Designation an asset or in progress
- College Diploma/University Degree or equivalent experience
- RIBO Licensed or willing to obtain within specified timeframe
- Strong leadership and motivational skills. Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop staff
- Proven managerial, underwriting, marketing and production skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop portfolio growth with profitability through market analysis and strategic planning
- Strong negotiation, problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal relations skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization capabilities
- Excellent communications and dynamic presentations skills
- Strong knowledge of Insurance and London Market, including Lloyds of London Contracts and MGA and Brokerage markets preferred
- Goal oriented, self-directed, strategic thinker and high performer
- Excellent problem-solving skills and customer focused
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with TAM, Policy Works or other broker management systems an asset.
- Up to 25% required travel for meetings
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Providing a diversified suite of customized insurance products and programs, Totten Group is committed to delivering best in class insurance solutions that are not readily available in the marketplace.
Totten Group supports over 2,000 independent brokers throughout Canada and is comprised of five divisions including Commercial Casualty, Commercial Property, Hospitality, Personal Lines and Professional Liability. For a complete list of office locations and more information, please visit: www.tottengroup.com
Please apply ojnline: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Oakville-ON/Manager-Ontario-Personal-Lines-Underwriting_R0005124