We are looking for a Commercial Auto Underwriting Specialist to join our Operations team in Toronto.
You understand mid-market commercial insurance in Ontario and love the challenge of helping Underwriters find real commercial insurance solutions for our brokers. At Gore Mutual, we believe that personal service sets us apart from our peers, and building genuine relationships with our broker partners defines success in the role.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
As the Commercial Underwriting Specialist, this role is primarily responsible for providing technical support as well as conducting audits and training for underwriters to ensure consistent application of Gore underwriting practices. The successful candidate will also be reviewing referrals from Underwriters on new and renewal business, analyzing and identifying trends, providing pricing, profitability and coverage analysis, updating guidelines to support product development and sales.
What will you need to succeed?
• A minimum of 10 years commercial auto (IRCA, Fleet and Garage) underwriting experience in medium to complex risks
• University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
• Enrollment in or completion of the CIP (FCIP) designation
• Ability to network, develop and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
• Proficient underwriting skills, sound judgement, decision making and analytical ability
• Results oriented, driven by objectives, with ability to meet challenging deadlines
• High degree of collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
• Proficient skill with computer applications including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience facilitating and placing facultative reinsurance
• Experience auditing and handling referrals
• Adaptable to new systems and workflows, big picture, creative and critical thinking along with leadership skills.
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.