Totten is looking for a dynamic Underwriting Assistant to support our Hospitality Team, the candidate will be based in our Totten Oakville office.
This candidate will provide exceptional customer service to our external broker partners as well as key support for our internal underwriter colleagues. The position requires the individual to be a self-starter who is able to work both independently as well as part of a team, an attention to detail is critical.
We offer an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada’s Leading MGA’s and to become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Issuance of documents: New/Renewal/Endorsements /Registered Letters, Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Calculating premium endorsements
- Coding of all policy documentation (under binding contracts as well as company issued)
- Accounts inquiries – investigation and correction of documentation and/or coding
- Assistance to Underwriters
- Renewals – including preparation of renewal RES, renewal quotes, follow ups, etc.
- Inspections – ordering, follow up on inspections, attachment of completed inspection and follow up on recommendations to ensure compliance
- General follow ups – company issued documentation, outstanding information, etc.
- Accounts Receivables for the Team, work with Underwriters to follow up with Brokers on outstanding premiums.
- Other assistance as required
- Minimum of 1-2 years in the insurance industry in a support role or equivalent
- Graduate of College/University Insurance Program preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and industry software
- Experience in TAM or Policy Works broker management systems an asset
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Focus on teamwork and collaboration
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Totten Group is committed to servicing brokers across the country and is comprised of six divisions: Personal Lines; Commercial Property; Commercial Casualty; Hospitality; Construction and Professional Liability. With offices across Canada, Totten Group’s corporate office resides in Toronto ON, and has other locations in Oakville ON, Dartmouth NS, Winnipeg MB, Montreal QC, and Vancouver BC. Learn more at www.tottengroup.com.
Please apply online: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Oakville-ON/Underwriting-Assistant--Hospitality_R0005166