HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International in Toronto, Ontario continues to grow our Private Equity Practice and is looking for a Mergers and Acquisition Due Diligence Specialist to provide project management and support on proposed acquisitions. This is an ideal role for a well-organized, detail oriented, resourceful commercial broker with broad Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance experience. This a great opportunity for exposure to a wide range of businesses throughout North America while working in a fast-paced environment with a brokerage who quickly becoming the top M&A brokerage in Canada.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB, you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Manages the due diligence process from start to finish, preparing and presenting a final report on the insurance and risk management program of the proposed acquisition to the private equity deal team and advisors.
- Assembles relevant diligence information and analyze the quality of the insurance program commenting on coverage adequacy, uncovered risks, pricing as well as providing risk management recommendations.
- Will work with specialized coverage and industry experts within HUB across North America to provide a written evaluation and recommendations to the potential buyer of the company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration or Finance is preferred but not required
- A RIBO license will be required
- 5-10 years of Commercial Property & Casualty insurance experience (complex and diverse risks). Underwriting experience will be considered an asset.
- Project Management experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in Epic or equivalent insurance broker management systems would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Resourceful self-starter who can work independently
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are also required.
- Flexibility working aggressive timelines outside office business hours
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.