Irwin, Sargent & Lowes (ISL Insurance Brokers) is currently recruiting for a full time Personal Lines Broker.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including a registered pension plan.
Please apply in confidence to Anne Taylor, Office/Finance Manager at email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Personal Lines Insurance Broker provides efficient, professional, and courteous service to clients and produces new personal lines business.
- Service both prospective and existing clients by assessing the needs of the client and providing a customer driven, advisory approach on personal insurance matters. Based on the needs of the client offer the most appropriate coverage.
- Maintain existing customer relationships through superior service during policy changes, renewal reviews and customer care calls.
- Handle mail and company inquiries for all clients as needed.
- Make changes to client policies, explain coverages and remarket policies when in the customersâ€™ best interest.
- Issue binders, certificates and other documents for any client requests.
- Facilitate and follow up on insurance claims acting as an advocate for the insured.
- Maintain a professional demeanour when handling complaints, problem solving and interpreting/resolving conflicts with clients and prospective clients.
- Collection of all agency billed client accounts receivable.
- Ensure adherence to RIBO licensing regulations, company underwriting guidelines and ISL policies and procedures.
- Keep current on new/revised company guidelines and procedures in order to provide accurate information.
Education and Experience:
- RIBO license, active and in good standing.
- High School Diploma.
- Post Secondary Education preferred.
- Industry designations such as CIP or CAIB would be an asset.
- 2+ years personal lines insurance experience.
- Technical expertise in Personal Auto, Home, Umbrella, and other personal lines specialty products.
- Computer knowledge in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Computer knowledge in SigXP, Company Portals, Compu-quote would be an asset.