The Pricing & Actuarial team at Gore Mutual is rapidly expanding. We’re looking for exceptional talent to lead our Commercial Auto Pricing team and act as a key contributor with continuing to grow our pricing strategy.
Reporting to the VP, Pricing & Actuarial, you will work closely with Commercial Underwriting and oversee a team of Actuarial Analysts. Joining our team will provide you with a unique and exciting opportunity where you’ll be able to build brand new models from scratch, supporting your entrepreneurial and innovative spirit to really make your mark.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
• Lead commercial auto pricing strategy and team while ensuring on-going regulatory compliance
• Build, create, and implement sophisticated pricing models and other actuarial or predictive analytics
• Using research and development best practices, contribute with innovative approaches and propose effective solutions to meet the organization’s objectives
• Ensure alignment with the organization’s strategic direction and other administrative units, in a performance management context
• Provide leadership, coaching, training, and development opportunities to team members
• Understand our purpose and values, exploring opportunities for impact
What will you need to succeed?
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of Actuarial experience, ideally within the Property & Casualty insurance industry; commercial auto experience preferred
• A Fellow from the Canadian Actuarial Society (FCAS) or equivalent
• Master’s / Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Math or Data Science
• Some leadership experience preferred
• Solid technical knowledge and programming skills with experience using modern predictive modelling techniques (i.e. GLM, GAM, GBM) and creating models from scratch; experience with developing, implementing, and maintaining machine learning models is preferred
• Excellent analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and implement best solutions in a timely manner
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.