Director, Insurance Compliance
based downtown Toronto
Only candidates that have worked for a large brokerage, insurer, TPA, MGA or IA in a compliance risk management role will be considered in .
CRM designation is preferred
Responsibilities for the role:
- Working closely with the Corporate Compliance Officer to design a process to manage and oversee the life and non-life licensing of the organization’s Insurance and its advisors, and ensure we meet all requirements in advance of each new license and renewal.
- Advancing an insurance complaint and escalation process with the Insurance Operations Division and the organization’s Legal team that can be built into our Member Connect software. You will assign, tag, and follow issues through to resolution, and create a risk dashboard for Leadership, Legal teams, and the Advisory Board.
- Working with in house Legal and Finance to create insurance-specific corporate reporting systems and overseeing the implementation of the new outsourced service provider and developing KPIs for monitoring their performance.
- Coordinating with Finance on the oversight and accuracy of outsourced premium billing services (all transactions, in-force reporting, payment of commissions, and other premium components), and the reconciliation of new Premium Trust Accounts.
- Leading the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) work by working with the Director of ERM to identify insurance specific risks, design efficient and effective controls (preventative and detective), and continuously improve the local control environment.
- Supporting Technology in the organization’s Data Governance project.
Requirements for the role:
- University Degree in Business Administration or Economics,
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience, including excellent knowledge of individual and group insurance products and acceptable insurance practices and regulations.
- Superior communication skills (including documentation and formal presentations).
- Project management skills and experience.
- Advanced problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating with vendors (prices, terms, and conditions).
If you with to apply to this opportunity please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 647-624-9609,