Commercial Lines - Executive/Leadership
Working closely with Commercial Lines’ staff, Brokers Trust management and directors, to manage and communicate Brokers Trust identity and goals; compiling information and ensuring strategic and regulatory alignment and success of internal and external relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Being part of the brokerage management team, the following relate to overseeing the brokerage’s Commercial Lines Operations:
- Leading and managing a team of Account Managers/CSRs; also includes regularly creating and presenting Commercial Line’s and industry updates to staff, management, and board of directors,
- Assist other marketing rep(s) to market larger and more complex accounts,
- Educate, train & be a resource for Brokers Trust Commercial Account Managers on insurance coverage and wordings to better service clients and review renewals,
- Educate, train & be a resource for Brokers Trust Producers/Brokers on insurance coverage and wordings to more efficiently write new business,
- Manage Brokers Trust Commercial Lines’ relationships with all markets and MGAs,
- Accompany Producers/Brokers on client visits as a resource for larger more complex clients,
- Assist in the continual implementation and maintenance of Applied EPIC and IT software and system changes or upgrades,
- Manage the workflow, regulatory requirements, employee HR standards and attendance of the Commercial Lines department and staff,
- Conduct and be responsible for all company file reviews and audits,
- Maintain and continually analyze industry and market trends in order to participate in decisions and communicate with other team members,
- Collaborating with VP of Finance; generate and manage department reporting, budgets, and goals, for the purpose of conducting team and brokerage performance analysis and communicating results to other team leaders.
Qualities and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate should possess:
- an in-depth knowledge on insurance wordings, (required)
- an in-depth knowledge of industry trends and market appetite, (required)
- an in-depth knowledge of coverage requirements for specific industries such contractors, manufacturing, and technology, (required)
- an in-depth knowledge of commercial lines workflows and processes, (required)
- excellent inter-personal skills, negotiation skills, and ability to work with personnel at all levels of the organization, (required)
- 5-10+ years experience in a marketing/advanced account management roll, (preferred)
- Industry designation(s), (preferred)
- a familiarity with Applied Epic, (preferred)
- an existing relationship with insurers, (preferred)
Interested candidates please contact Otis Wong at 416-868-6711 ext 234 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.
Selected candidates will be contacted directly.