Employment Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: 7501 Keele Street, Suite 400, Vaughan ON, L4K 1Y2
Start Date: January 2021
This position involves working as a Group Benefits Broker on a book of business in managing of existing and new business accounts that range from small to mid-size accounts.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will become part of a team whose core objective is to service Masters’ group benefit clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
By joining our Masters team, you will become part of a rapidly, still-growing company that offers extensive training and frontline knowledge of the overall insurance industry. We offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits and work from home opportunities. Choose a career with Masters Insurance Limited and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
Act as liaison between the Insurance Company and the client.
- Coordinate upcoming renewals with the Managing General Agency (MGA)
- Review renewal and marketing material prepared by the MGA to ensure accuracy
- Follow up on negotiations and communicate with the client on their renewal status
- Arrange a meeting with the client to present final negotiated renewal with a licensed broker
- Follow up on any changes, issues or requests resulting from the meeting
- Process traditional and cost plus claims, as well as follow-up until adjudication has been completed
- Assist with all client inquiries, including emails and telephone questions
- Follow up with clients and ensure all outstanding concerns are rectified in a timely manner
- Document all query details and file hard copies
Perform other related duties and special projects, as required
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a similar role, including experience in working knowledge with Group Benefits
- Life License Qualification Program (LLQP)
Skill Sets Required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint