Our client is looking to hire a full-time Underwriting Manager in their Saskatoon office.
Our client has established a reputation that has carried them through the century on the quality of their products and services, as well as the strength and integrity of brokers across Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba.
As an Underwriting Manager, you will manage all underwriting activities and provide expertise, guidance, and advice to the company. This position is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the underwriting department as well as projects and priorities. Development of corporate strategy and future planning are a key competencies of the successful candidate.
As an Underwriting Manager your major responsibilities will be:
- Provide clear leadership and direction including monitoring key performance metrics
- Research industry information, keeping on top of wording changes and providing input to development of new products
- Participates in the establishment of product pricing and risk selection criteria to achieve business targets and underwriting profitability objectives.
- Works with the Business Intelligence department to ensure relevant underwriting information and business knowledge is incorporated into data analytics strategy and pricing model.
- Analyzes reports regularly to review retention and growth trends as well as underwriting profitability across geographical regions
- Project review and development of underwriting processes to create efficiencies and enhance customer service.
- Manages Company specific insurance needs
- Manages major inquiries and complaints from marketing and claims staff, brokers, and policyholders; able to provide wording and underwriting policy interpretations.
- Develops personal rapport with key brokers, and customers.
- Provides support in recruiting, work assignments, professional development and performance management of underwriting team.
- Acts as a role model who supports a positive organizational culture
- FCIP or CIP
- 3-5 years leadership experience; track record of managing high performance teams
- 5+ years commercial property and casualty underwriting
- Strong financial and marketing acumen
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott, 587-525-5536 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.