Totten Insurance Group is growing and we are looking for a dynamic Personal Lines Underwriter for a 6 month contract at our Oakville or downtown Toronto office. The ideal candidate for this role is someone that brings strong broker relationships and focused on increasing new business. If you bring over 2 years of personal lines underwriting experience, worked in a production environment and possess strong broker network, we want to hear from you!
Choose a career with Totten Insurance Group and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining Totten Insurance Group, you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. Totten Insurance Group is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
Broker Management: 50%
- Managing relationships with brokers within Ontario and acting as a dedicated resource as needed and required.
- Developing and maintaining positive business relationships within the brokerage community
- Identifying and closing new business opportunities.
- Developing and executing marketing plan to drive new and renewal business
- Participating in production trips and broker visitations, and corporate functions as required.
- Maintaining a high service level to brokers and responding to brokers inquiries on a timely basis.
- Analyzing new business and renewals for risk profitability by assessing exposures and hazards as determined by a review of the underwriting data, and according to underwriting guidelines, contract authority limits and company standards.
- Maintaining the long-term profitability of a portfolio of accounts regardless of market conditions within the bounds on internal underwriting guidelines and individual underwriting authority. This includes the ability to successfully negotiate terms, conditions and pricing to achieve new business, renewal and profitability targets.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate policy documentation, premium processing, and data entry for coding and processing and documentation issuance.
- Maintaining knowledge of company Underwriting policies, philosophy, procedures and standards
- Monitoring and assessing competitive factors in the market and keep informed of changing market conditions to report to management.
- Proactively is involved in the learning and development of underwriting skills, including coverages, wordings, exposures, pricing and factors that affect Personal Lines.
- Delivering underwriting profits, organic growth, and meeting revenue budgets.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary School education or equivalent training and experience
- 2-5 years of Personal Lines underwriting experience and background
- Established broker networks
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Experience with increasing new business with brokers
- Prior experience in a MGA or production environment desired
- Experience with TAM and Policy Works broker management system an asset
- Working towards AIIC/CIP Designation
- RIBO License an asset
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and presentations
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in risk selection
- Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with peers, clients, and industry personnel
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong time management skills, goal oriented, self-starter, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Travel for broker meetings, presentations and broker events across Ontario
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
To apply to the opportunity, please click on the link provided: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Oakville-ON/Underwriter-Personal-Lines_R0005506
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Providing a diversified suite of customized insurance products and programs, Totten Group is committed to delivering best in class insurance solutions that are not readily available in the marketplace. Totten Group supports over 2,000 independent brokers throughout Canada and is comprised of five divisions including Commercial Casualty, Commercial Property, Hospitality, Personal Lines and Professional Liability. For a complete list of office locations and more information, please visit: www.tottengroup.com