We have two Project Manager openings to support various initiatives that have been approved as part of our 10-year vision. Supporting the Transformation Office and Information Services teams, the project scope will be diverse, and success will be measured by business impact. These projects are enterprise level and will evolve collaboration across multiple geographies, departments, and vendors.
Acting as a project delivery catalyst, you will partner with key stakeholders, your peers and team to drive and support optimal project delivery for the company as we continue to evolve and mature our PM practices and methodology.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that set a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
• Manage all phases of projects, including initiation, planning, execution, implementation, and post-implementation activities
• Establish project goals, metrics and artifacts ensuring that all stakeholders are appropriately engaged and informed
• Ensure that the project deliverables are well defined and measured to provide transparency and achieve business outcomes with value
• Achieve a high quality of work and output of project artifacts
• Maintain positive relationships with the project sponsors/stakeholders/business departments and foster effective communication
• Act as an internal champion to help mature the Project Management discipline, by advocating and identifying opportunities for improvements to enhance project delivery execution and value across the organization
• Able to deal with complex business or technical issues and make appropriate trade-offs/escalations as required, while maintaining an overall project and portfolio perspective
What will you need to succeed?
• Minimum 8 years of project management delivery experience with a demonstrated track record for achieving business impact
• A strong project management background with experience delivering both IT and business readiness projects; within scope, on budget and on time.
• Have expertise in managing both waterfall and agile project methodologies; PMP designation would be an asset
• Prior insurance industry experience including an understanding of brokerage networks would be ideal (Guidewire or InsurCloud experience would be an asset)
• Prior experience with system conversion or business transformation projects, including experience helping to define new business process designs.
• Proven ability to establish and build healthy working relationships and partnerships with business and technology leaders
• Prior vendor management and resource planning experience.
• Challenges the status quo and exhibits a mindset of creativity, determination and an energetic drive to succeed
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.