Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and classify coverage of individual general liability risks according to established company guidelines
- Maintain underwriting integrity and overall profitability of the product line.
- Foster positive broker relationships by maintaining effectively and timely communication
- Exhibits thorough working knowledge of sound underwriting principles, policies, procedures
- Works collaboratively with other team members and mentors less experienced underwriters and support staff.
- Able to improve and refine skills under the mentorship of senior staff
- Keeps current on issues affecting the general liability line of business as well as the competitors and the overall marketplace. Attends industry conferences as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma.
- CIP designation or working towards (not required but strong asset).
- 7-10 years of commercial Casualty underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of commercial general liability lines risks, classification and coverage options
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision.
- familiar with lloyd's contracts and processes
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment .
- Strong problem solving, reasoning, and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
- Proven team player and demonstrates a positive personality.
****If you are interested, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Only those that meet the requirements will be contacted.