My client is a reputable independently owned insurance brokerage. Due to growth, they are looking to hire a Brokering Leader who will be a key influencer with insurers and has the ability to deliver solutions and options for their insurance customers.
Title: Director of Marketing (Broking)
- Marketing major accounts, partnering with producers and the assigned account managers. Working on very large complex or challenging commercial lines accounts
- Facilitating hand-off of accounts once placed, to other staff
- Where requested, participating in client presentations with producers
- Developing relationships with Insurer business development staff and key underwriters, in all commercial business lines
- Attend Insurer networking events and educational events to further develop relationships and enhance the brokerage’s profile
- Ongoing surveying of the marketplace available, to seek out new options, provide recommendations to partners for new carrier relationships, and share new information with colleagues.
- Coordinating of social and or educational opportunities
- Participate in relevant committees or events with Networks, as nominated by management
- Distribution of Insurer information among commercial staff and producers
- Other duties and/or special projects as opportunities arise and/or as requested by management
- Participation in continuing education programs, as available.
- Participating fully in the team effort to continuously improve all aspects of customer deliverables
- 10+ years of experience in a brokering role with a brokerage or experience as a Senior Commercial Underwriter
- RIBO licensed, or if Commercial Underwriting experience, willing to obtain
- Outgoing personality with ability to maintain strong relationships
- Strong influencing, persuading and negotiating ability
- Commercial lines technical expertise
- Ability to work well with internal partners and external customers
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.