Totten is looking for a Technical Assistant to provide exceptional operations support in our Oakville office reporting to the Team Leader, Operations. The position requires an individual with strong attention to detail, time management and data entry skills. This is an excellent role to work in a fast-paced service environment triaging new business submissions. We offer an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada’s Leading MGA’s and to become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Triage – reviewing, entering in the system and assigning broker submissions to the appropriate Underwriting Department
- Assisting with broker statements process
- Other assistance as required
- Minimum of 1 year in the insurance industry in a support role or equivalent preferred
- Graduate of College/University Insurance Program preferred
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of industry software an asset (TAM, Policy Works)
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and data entry skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team structure
- Ability to self-manage and meet assigned deadlines
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Totten Group is committed to servicing brokers across the country and is comprised of six divisions: Personal Lines; Commercial Property; Commercial Casualty; Hospitality; Construction and Professional Liability. With offices across Canada, Totten Group’s corporate office resides in Toronto ON, and has other locations in Oakville ON, Dartmouth NS, Winnipeg MB, Montreal QC, and Vancouver BC. Learn more at www.tottengroup.com.