Bilingual Life Underwriter
Opportunity to Work from Home for a reputable Insurer
can be based anywhere in Canada
Scope Statement for the Underwriter is to maintains Company profitability through favourable mortality by reviewing and assessing the financial risk of individual life insurance applications. The incmbent is guided by defined procedural constraints and works under the moderate supervision of the Manager, Retail Insurance operations.
• Assesses risk in a timely manner to an approval limit for individual life and for critical illness polices
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with potential and current clients
• Provides sound risk decisions and related support to the Sales & Marketing and Retail business line teams
• Assess the mortality and financial risk for individual life insurance products through an analysis of financial and medical information via paper-based, electronic and telephone underwriting
• Provide support to the Sales team in the management of the distribution relationship
• Interact with reinsurance providers to spread risk on retention amounts that exceed the company's retention limit
• Consult with Senior team members, Medical Directors, or Technical Lead and Senior Management on any questionable situations
• Participate as an active team member for assigned projects
• Review the work of junior team members and provide coaching as required Knowledge / Experience / Certification
• 3+ years work experience as an individual underwriter
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, internet and database computer software
• Well-developed knowledge of medical terminology
• Bilingualism (French and English) is a must
• FLMI / FALU designation or currently working towards
Education / Professional Courses
• Completion of a university degree in life sciences, nursing or kinesiology
• Well-developed analytical and problem resolution skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.