Senior Underwriter, Property & Casualty
based downtown Toronto
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for assessing, loss analyzing, negotiating, rating and issuing new business/renewals/endorsements for an assigned portfolio based on company's underwriting and pricing guidelines. The Senior Underwriter role is responsible for achieving the company's profit and underwriting objectives for specified book/portfolio of business, complying with/conforming to Branch and Corporate policies, measures and standards for underwriting, customer service, profitability, productivity and financial management.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Implement underwriting strategy: philosophy, authority, control and accountability within the Region, manages a moderately to highly complex book of business to standards of profit, use of capital and risk
· Build trilateral relationships, negotiating sound business deals through trilateral relations with: customers, brokers and reinsurers
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
· University degree/college diploma or equivalent experience
· CIP or FCIP designation
· Minimum of 7 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience
· Overall experience/exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance
· Working within and demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management and managing local brokerage plans
· Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities to form effective underwriting recommendations for moderately complex situations
· Sound technical judgment
· Organize and complete own work in a timely and cost-effective manner
· Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, negotiating and interpersonal skills
· Sound negotiating, marketing and advocating skills
· Highly motivated and able to work as a team player, or independently
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.