Location - Surrey
Join a progressive company who will invest in your future! Our client is growing and looking to add a confident and empathetic Claims Handler to the team. The successful Claims Handler will be responsible for investigating and evaluating home warranty claims to determine coverage available as per the applicable policy.
Ideally you are an assertive and outgoing person who is looking to beome an expert in the interesting and challenging field of New Home Warranty. The successful candidate will gain an understanding of the Insurance Regulations and the requirements of the home warranty program and how it impacts Builders and Homeowners. This opportunity will enhance their critical thinking and communication skills as they develop relationships with Homeowners, Builders, Clients, and Contractors.
*** Construction knowledge and expereince is highly regarded.
The office hours are 8-4. Any new employee will be expected to come into the office for training and supervision until a time where senior staff feel comfortable to allow a work from home schedule."
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting Builders and Homeowners as they work through the claim process to completion of a submitted claim
- Manage claims as assigned in a timely manner.
- Investigate and evaluate all relevant facts to determine coverage as per the applicable policy.
- Evaluate third party contracts and/or scope of work in cases where the builder is unable to perform his/her responsibilities.
- Act as the primary contact for homeowners and builders / developers, and as intermediary between Homeowners and all other parties.
- Effectively communicate with in house technical staff via their reports to clarify claimant issues.
- Advise Underwriters of any information gathered which may influence risk assessment of a client.
- Adjust and document all claim files as per company procedures.
- Level 2 insurance license or commitment to obtaining it
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Experience with warranty or property claims highly regarded
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly in Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A good understanding of basic construction practices
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 x 104 or email your resume in confidence. If you are already working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant who meets the job requirements and qualifications in a timely manner.