This fast growing company is looking to add a Claims Advisor/Handler to their expanding team. The successful Claims Handler will be responsible for investigating and evaluating home warranty claims to determine coverages available to homeowers.
Our client is looking for a someone that is positive and outgoing yet can be assertive when certain situations arise. You will beome an expert in the interesting and challenging field of New Home Warranty. The successful candidate will gain an understanding of the Insurance Regulations and the requirements of the home warranty program and how it impacts Builders and Homeowners. Previous construction knowledge is a big advantage
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting Builders and Homeowners as they work through the claim process to completion of a submitted claim
- Manage claims as assigned in a timely manner.
- Investigate and evaluate all relevant facts to determine coverage as per the applicable policy.
- Evaluate third party contracts and/or scope of work in cases where the builder is unable to perform his/her responsibilities.
- Act as the primary contact for homeowners and builders / developers, and as intermediary between Homeowners and all other parties.
- Effectively communicate with in house technical staff via their reports to clarify claimant issues.
- Advise Underwriters of any information gathered which may influence risk assessment of a client.
- Adjust and document all claim files as per company procedures.
- Level 2 insurance license preferred or a Level 1 Licence with commitment to getting a level 2 within a certain time-frame
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Experience with warranty or property claims highly regarded
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly in Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A good understanding of basic construction practices
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Paul Mulcahy at 778-383-9790 ext 101 or email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.