The Data Engineering practice at Gore Mutual Insurance has been rapidly expanding to accelerate our move toward becoming a truly data driven and digitally led company. To continue our journey forward, we are looking to onboard a Technical Product Manager to help us with the management and the successful delivery of our data products and solutions.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
In this role, you will be part of the core leadership team of the Data Engineering unit and will be accountable for the successful delivery of our products and solutions. You will work with both internal and external stakeholders, as well as our Data Engineering development teams to ensure alignment at various stages of the product life cycle, including requirements gathering and analysis, design, development, validation, and deployment.
In particular, you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and understand product requirements.
- Work with the Data Engineering delivery teams to ensure successful and complete translation of busines requirements to technical specifications and development plans.
- Devise product roadmaps based on communicated priorities and team capacity in collaboration with the Data Engineering leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure comprehensive testing and validation of products by engaging with the QA team, the business teams, and the Data Engineering delivery teams; participate in E2E and Business Acceptance test scenarios elaboration to ensure complete testing coverage.
- Continuously monitor the progress on the development of products and solutions to ensure strict adherence to defined standards and processes, and to identify and address technical risks.
What will you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.
- Proficiency and in-depth understanding of best practices pertaining to the design and development of Data & Analytics products and solutions.
- Extensive hands-on development experience in Data Engineering and/or Advanced Analytics.
- Proven experience in a product management role in a highly technical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to capture and convey information to a variety of audiences through documentation or presentations.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud environment and services, or their AWS / GCP counterparts.
Nice to Have
- Graduate degree in a technical field with specialization in Analytics, Data Science, or a related subject strongly preferred.
- Experience with large scale data migration and data platform modernization projects an asset.
- Azure Certification a plus.
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.