Property & Casualty Experience is a must
Based downtown Toronto
currently a Work from Home Opportunity
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for assessing, loss analyzing, negotiating, rating and issuing new business/renewals/endorsements for an assigned portfolio based on company's underwriting and pricing guidelines. The Underwriter role is responsible for achieving the company's profit and underwriting objectives for specified book/portfolio of business, complying with/conforming to Branch and Corporate policies, measures and standards for underwriting, customer service, profitability, productivity and financial management.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Build and maintain effective business results and mutually trustworthy tri-lateral working relations with insureds and brokers by aligning the company's brand identity, equity core values, objectives, missions and current programs with the needs of customer groups in different faiths and related non-profit organizations.
· Design and deliver underwriting products that meet standards for customer satisfaction, profit, use of capital, people, systems and risk.
· Manage risk through accurate analysis and diagnosis and the development of sound specifications.
· Detect, investigate and diagnose exposures and to avoid/minimize their business effects: underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management.
· Manage brokers, including performance monitoring, new appointments and cancellations.
· Develop business, including marketing initiatives through working relationships with brokers, insureds, local authorities, and local business and community associations
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
· University degree or college diploma or equivalent insurance experience
· CIP designation completed or in progress
· Underwriting: Experience: 5 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting
· Overall experience/exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance
· Working within and demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management and managing local brokerage plans
· Knowledge and applied experience in connecting personal results to the management of loss ratios, gross written and earned premium
· Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities to form effective underwriting recommendations for moderately complex situations
· Sound technical judgment
· Organize and complete own work in a timely and cost-effective manner
· Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, negotiating and interpersonal skills
· Sound negotiating, marketing and advocating skills
· Highly motivated and able to work as a team player, or independently
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.