Senior Commercial General Liability Underwriter
Come work with a reputable MGA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and classify coverage of individual general liability risks according to established company guidelines
- Maintain underwriting integrity and overall profitability of the product line.
- Foster positive broker relationships by maintaining effectively and timely communication
- Exhibits thorough working knowledge of sound underwriting principles, policies, procedures
- Works collaboratively with other team members and mentors less experienced underwriters and support staff.
- Able to improve and refine skills under the mentorship of senior staff
- Keeps current on issues affecting the general liability line of business as well as the competitors and the overall marketplace. Attends industry conferences as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma.
- CIP designation or working towards (not required but strong asset).
- 7-10 years of commercial Casualty underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of commercial general liability lines risks, classification and coverage options
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision.
- familiar with lloyd's contracts and processes
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment .
- Strong problem solving, reasoning, and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
- Proven team player and demonstrates a positive personality.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.