The Intermediate Underwriter works within established authority and service levels handling commercial property and casualty policies in order to contribute to a profitable portfolio of business. This is with an expanding client of ours who envisions growth and progression for the right candidate
Excellent salary, benefits and flexible working!
- Responsible for quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of new business, renewals and endorsements
- Works with an assigned group of brokers in accordance with the regional commercial business plan for profitability, growth, retention and service standards
- Risk selection decisions within an assigned level of authority
- Promote and present the Company’s commercial products, promote profitable growth and retention
- Provides technical training coaching and development support where appropriate
- 4+ years of progressive mid-market commercial underwriting experience
- CIP designation (or enrolment) an asset
- Working knowledge of Commercial Lines underwriting techniques, guidelines, forms, coverages, and rates
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, planning and decision making skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Paul Mulcahy and email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.