You will be responsible for managing and supporting the direction of the underwriting department. You will act as a leader and mentor within the organization to achieve targeted business results along with providing high service levels.
Excellent salary, benefits, and flexible working. Also open to candidates that want to relocate.
- Manage the performance of the portfolio and workflow to meet targeted benchmarks & manage team performance
- Identify potential impacts to business and recommend changes.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and underwriting guidelines.
- Lead development and implementation of business change and influence underwriting culture
- Participate in interview process on the hiring of new employees.
- Participate in regional strategies, business plans and contribute to the management the annual budgets.
- Foster positive working relationships with internal and external parties
- 8+ years Property and Casualty experience with appropriate designation
- Leadership skills negotiation skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making skills, communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to multi-task and monitor progress to meet deadlines
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Paul Mulcahy and email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details