I am working with a large reinsurance company that is looking to hire an underwriting assistant to support international underwriters. This is a unique position that requires someone with D&O experience to work with underwriters from other jurisdictions.
Title: Underwriting Assistant (D&O)
Location: Downtown Toronto (Work from Home during Covid)
Working closely with the other Underwriting Assistants in the department, Underwriters and the Head of P&C Admin to create and maintain accurate information within the computer system
- Entering of renewals, endorsements and new business
- Enter new and renewals into system
- Assist with Quote/Binder preparation as requested by UW
- E-sign documentation upon UW written approval & send to broker/cedent
- Identifying and reporting problems with the database
- Indexing of all correspondence and contractual documents.
- Reviewing slips and contract documents for correctness.
- Follow-up on routine customer requests, accounting discrepancies, premium adjustments and account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, special projects and/or additional duties as assigned to this unit by the Underwriter and/or Manager.
- 2+ years commercial insurance experience with an insurance company, MGA, or Broker
- Experience with D&O insurance preferred
- Post-secondary education preferred
- CIP designation or working towards
- Attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Work as part of the team, share jobs
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritise the varying demands and handle multiple tasks.
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, RRSP and generous bonus structure.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.