OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As a member of the Market Conduct team, you will perform compliance examinations, field inspections, desk reviews and other supervisory activities of Life & Health Insurance companies and intermediaries regulated by FSRA.
We currently have three (3) vacancies.
- Leading and/or performing on-site, desk, thematic or supervisory reviews to assess regulated entities’ compliance programs, which may include corporate governance structures, policies and procedures, business and codes of conduct, compliance with FSRA legislation and regulations, and the viability of business operations and standards.
- Monitoring and controlling the examination and project processes for project quality and progress, issues resolution and achievement of project deliverables.
- Providing technical advice, information and guidance to financial institutions and intermediaries, and information to the public and to industry representatives regarding the interpretation and application of market conduct compliance legislation, regulations, policies and business standards.
- Recommending actions to address non-compliance and/or ability to influence regulated entities for the implementation of best practices
- Preparing identified files for referral to FSRA’s Case Management Committee for escalated enforcement action as required.
- Providing input to procedures, processes and standards, supervisory plans including their development and to new or proposed revisions to legislation and policies.
- Contributing to internal or external communications (e.g. reports to industry, consumer messages) relating to compliance, interpretation and application of regulatory requirements.
- Responding to escalated phone inquiries and occasionally handling complaint files as assigned.
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in examinations, reviews, analysis and assessment principles, practices and regulatory tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulation is an asset
- Compliance and internal audit work at insurance or lending organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal audit theory, risk-based regulatory practices, principles, standards and techniques, and industry audit standards and approaches
- Expert financial analysis skills is an asset.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, business operations, risk management processes and internal controls framework as well as current developments in a regulated financial services sector
- Knowledge of developments in national and international financial services regulatory standards.
- Ability to plan, lead and execute on projects/engagements with large corporate clients as well as intermediaries.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation in support of market conduct reviews, assessments and findings.
- Demonstrated research, risk assessment, analytical, problem solving skills.
- Proven superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service, consultation and stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Travel in Ontario may be required.
Job Posting End Date: 04/07/2021 Job postings close at 11:59pm on the date noted.
Compensation Grade: Grade 229-OPSEU ADM
Compensation Range: $1,436.53 - $1,844.50
Bargaining Unit: OPSEU
Job Code: 20209
Employment Type: Regular
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
FSRA is committed to ensuring equity in employment. Our goal is to create a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to ensure our services and communications are accessible to all individuals. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
NOTE: ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED
If you are interested, please apply: