Working with is one of Canada’s largest insurance companies, looking for a strong Business Leader for a very prestigious part of their operation. Must have a strong business acumen, experience with accountability for profit and loss, ability to build strong internal and external relationships and very strong with financials and analytics.
Must be a very polished individual with a solid business mindset with the ability to focus on performance. Ability to effectively partner with other areas including pricing, underwriting, analytics, claims, marketing and distribution, define and execute strategies to optimize performance and meet financial and growth obligations.
Title: AVP, Personal Insurance, High Net Worth
Location: Toronto (North end)
- Act as the business owner, to drive profitable growth and competitiveness of the business across the country ensuring the operating model supports the overall business
- Develop and execute a robust business strategy to propel the business forward through profitable growth focused on data and insights
- Act as a general manager of the business to fully understand all issues and opportunities, and to develop plans, objectives and strategies for the business while communicating, collaborating, influencing and driving all functional areas of the organization to achieve optimal outcomes for the organization
- Build strong relationships of trust and mutual respect with colleagues. Foster an environment of continuous engagement with pricing, underwriting, business insights, operations, sales/distribution, marketing, communications, claims, IT, finance and analytical and actuarial functions
- Develop keen insight on the competitive environment and use this information to fuel actions within the business
- Collaborate with the Broker Distribution network to develop regional growth plans, cultivate existing and new relationships
- Work with Marketing and Communications to develop a marketing strategy that strengthens our brand as a market of choice for partners and customers
- Craft go-to-market strategies and messaging with sales/distribution and marketing, when changes in pricing and/or products are likely to affect brokers or customers
- Monitor and evaluate the financial performance of the High Net Worth business, reporting monthly in Performance Management Meetings
- Identify the root cause of results and execute initiatives to drive positive performance
- Monitor industry, economic and legislative developments and recommend changes in strategies or procedures
- 10+ years of experience in the P&C insurance Industry
- Post-secondary education specializing in Business
- Experience in High Net Worth Insurance Management
- Strong financial discipline and an understanding of financial issues related to insurance companies and reinsurance processes and products
- Excellent strategic analytical skills
- Established credibility in the industry and/or marketplace.
- Considerable experience delivering profitable growth
- Experience managing leaders in a matrix structure
- Excellent relationship capabilities and high degree of influencing skill
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent technical understanding of pricing, underwriting and actuarial techniques
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, pension plan and bonus and more
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.