Underwriting Manager, Professional Liability
based downtown Toronto
Under the direction of the Canadian Branch General Manager and the Head of Financial Lines, the individual would be responsible for developing and managing a diversified portfolio of primary professional liability risks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategies to maximize sustainable growth and profitability of the primary Professional Liability portfolio in Canada.
- Work with the Head of Financial Lines on the development of risk appetite and target segments.
- Develop Underwriting Value Proposition for Primary E&O space. Including product & wording development.
- Build and develop a team of Professional Liability Underwriting Professionals
- Individual risk underwriting of Professional Liability exposures including Architects & Engineers, Technology, Contractors and Miscellaneous Professionals
- Referral point for Professional liability risks from MGA / Delegated Authority partners
- Develop and manage broker and MGA relationships along with sales and marketing. Perform required marketing calls and broker visits on a timely and frequent basis.
- Develop annual business plan for responsible segment, participate in strategy development and long-term portfolio planning.
- Produce profitable underwriting result contributing to the overall success of the Canadian Branch
- Determine insurance needs of customers to provide customized solutions
- Conduct client and broker presentations as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years Professional Liability Underwriting Experience
- University degree, preferably in business or economics
- CIP and / or CRM designation. RPLU would be an asset
- Established relationships with brokers
- Candidate must posses an excellent reputation among peers, business partners and competitors
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Highly organized and a team player
- Moderate travel required for business partner meetings and marketing
- Use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Fluency in German and/or French considered an asset
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.