Our Client, a large BC based brokerage is seeking a professional and eager Commercial Account Administrator to join the team! The purpose of this role is to support a top Producer with managing and maintaining their book of business and providing top level administartive support and customer service.
** Please note, only those with recent insurance experience will be considered. **
Responsibilities & Duties include:
- Manage daily administration of accounts, including correspondence; review of policy wordings, contracts, & lease agreements; and issuance of new/renewal documentation
- Prepare submissions for marketing purposes, negotiating terms and conditions with underwriters
- Present quotes and/or renewals to clients, obtains orders, and binds coverage with underwriters
- Issues invoices, endorsements, cover notes, financing contracts, etc.
- Keep the Account Executives up-to-date on the status of client files
- Provide friendly, professional service to customers and Account Executives
- Handle claims, including reporting to insurers, inputting new data, and updating clients on claims status
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-3 years’ commercial insurance experience ideal
- Level 1 licence can be considered for local candidates, but for remote, must have level 2.
- CAIB or CIP insurance designation an asset
- Experience using EPIC broker management system an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple files and deadlines
- Ability to self starter, team player
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle pressure in a time constrained environment
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.