Job title: Underwriting Manager, Professional Lines #7973
Location: Greater Toronto Area
My client is a Toronto-based specialty Managing General Agent (MGA) focused principally on delivering tailored insurance solutions to the Canadian mid-market. It offers disciplined underwriting of various property and casualty, professional and financial lines products, and a wealth of experience with various high-hazard industries. My client is committed to delivering exceptional service, underwriting wisdom and designing flexible but practical specialty insurance solutions.
We are seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our client as an Underwriting Manager in their Professional Lines division. This is a full-time position, located in Toronto, ON, that will service brokers across Canada. Please note that given the ongoing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, this is a remote-working position until further notice.
What you will be doing:
- Proactively seek business opportunities including the underwriting and quoting of new business, renewal business and related endorsements in accordance with companies’ underwriting philosophy and appetite, rating, loss ratio objectives, service standards and authority;
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity;
- Complete detailed pipeline assessments with key distributors to identify growth opportunities;
- Complete all necessary documentation to support the Professional Lines book of business;
- Develop, foster and maintain positive constructive relationships with brokers across Canada;
- Develop a team-oriented approach to meeting corporate and department goals and objectives; including premium and profitability targets.
- Minimum seven (7) years of underwriting experience, particularly in:
- Architects and Engineers Professional Liability; and/or
- Technology Professional Liability; and/or
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills, highly organized and capable of managing multiple deadlines;
- Highly motivated with a self-starter attitude;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Customer focused and to demonstrate excellent communication skills – written and verbal;
- Superior interpersonal skills, as you would be a key contributor to the team’s success;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of Salesforce software and portals;
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation is preferred.
- RPLU preferred or current enrollment.
Keys to Success:
The successful applicant can work independently and is keenly aware of maintaining an exceptional client experience through engaging relationships and embracing accountability. He or she can quickly adapt to changing conditions and offer a natural curiosity to explore new opportunities or innovations and can embrace a cooperative and collaborative dialogue with the team.
What we offer:
- An independent and secure privately held company;
- A competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, paid time off and benefits;
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team with strong leadership support;
- A diverse team with a collaborative atmosphere;
- A progressive firm that values and promotes inclusivity, transparency and open dialogue;
- Competitive Educational benefits including relevant course tuition and encouragement;
- A Wellness Program that seeks to help promote a healthy work-life balance;
The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Monika Cieslinski at 416-868-6711 x.246 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.