Our valued client is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic leader to join their team in the role of Claims Supervisor. The successful candidate will demonstrate their claims expertise and lead a team of Property Adjusters.
- Use your technical experience to provide direction and advice to team on all claim matters
- Ensure timely and equitable distribution of work
- Act as a mentor and coach to team members, being instrumental in helping them reach their performance goals
- Ensure the proper and timely handling of files by reviewing team’s adherence to business protocols
- Facilitate training to new and existing employees on technical issues, ensuring user understanding of the in-house system
- Establish and maintain business relationships with third party service providers
- Assist the Claims Manager with annual performance reviews and decisions with respect to recruitment/internal promotions
- Make recommendations on file handling and reserves to staff
- Various other duties as required
Ideally, you have over 3 years of supervisory/leadership experience in a Claims role or have held a formal mentoring relationship with junior staff. You work hard and lead by example, you are their to help your team. You are approachable and genuinely care about your team and meeting performance goals.
- CIP / FCIP or working towards an insurance designation
- Minimum 5 years applicable technical experience
- Candidates with strong experience in Auto are preferred.
- Proven communication and customer service skills
- Ability to make difficult decisions on complex issues in a timely fashion.
- Strong time-management skills and organization skills
- Approachable, cooperative demeanor
- Previous supervisory experience would be an asset.
About the Company:
Our client has been serving Western Canada since 1982. Their head office is located in Edmonton, with branch offices in Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg. They currently employ over 200 staff, who work with over 478 independent broker offices. They offer a wide span of commercial, personal property, and automobile products. They also care about their employees. Our client values a work/life balance and a supportive work environment so individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-525-5536 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.