The Senior Security Analyst’s core function is to promote the defined enterprise security posture through policy, architecture, design and implementation processes. Secondary tasks include the identification, investigation and resolution of security incidents detected by monitoring systems; the selection of appropriate security solutions, and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. The Security Analyst is expected to interact with peers in IS, as well as with the leaders of the business units, to both share the corporate security vision with those individuals, and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
Operational Security Management
- Design and execution of vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Develop and maintain standards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on, or transmitted to/from/through, enterprise devices, servers, systems and databases.
- Participate in forensic investigations into problematic activity.
Strategy & Planning
- In concert with the Information Security and Technology leadership team, participate in the planning and design of the enterprise security plan, architecture and security posture.
- Participate in assessment activities to ensure and maintain adherence to compliance requirements such as PCI DSS and OSFI Cyber Security.
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s technical security documents (configuration standards, technical specifications and network diagrams).
- Be an integral part of Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning alongside IS, IT and Business teams.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain and share with the team up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Working with the IS team for deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions, and of any enhancements to existing systems, is performed in accordance with standard operating procedures and the enterprise’s security policies.
What will you need to succeed?
- Ability to continuously analyse and adapt Information Security practices according to external threats and internal needs
- Experience with application security, network/infrastructure security and cloud security would be an asset
- Experience and familiarity with industry’s latest tools for penetration testing, forensic analysis, scanning
- Experience with End-Point Protection Solutions such as Crowd Strike, Defender ATP, etc
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing and Storage would be a strong asset, MS Azure Cloud or Amazon AWS
- Strong Communication skills; proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders as well as creating/maintaining documentation
- Demonstrates ability and passion to continuously learn all things security! Participates in personal projects and/or industry events
- College Diploma or University in a related field (Computer Engineering, IT, Security, Networking)
- Working towards or achieved certifications in IT Security, such as CompTIA Security+, GIAC, AWS Certified Security - Speciality or Azure AZ-500,CISSP would be an asset
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.