We are looking for a Commercial Auto Underwriter to join our Operations team in Toronto or Cambridge.
You understand mid-market commercial insurance in Ontario and love the challenge of helping our brokers find real commercial insurance solutions. At Gore Mutual, we believe that personal service sets us apart from our peers and building genuine relationships with our broker partners defines success in the role.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
As a Commercial Auto Underwriter, you will help our brokers and customers by creating unique and tailored solutions that manage the risk of our everchanging business world. You will have the chance to refine your commercial underwriting skills in an environment that recognizes performance and care for our customers.
What will you need to succeed?
· A minimum of 3 years’ commercial auto underwriting experience
· University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
· Enrollment in or completion of the CIP (FCIP) designation
· Proven experience providing genuine customer service to broker partners by presenting commercial insurance solutions specific to the needs of the client
· Proficient underwriting skills, sound judgement, decision making, negotiation and analytical ability
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
· Proficient skill with computer applications including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Occasional travel may be required to meet with broker partners throughout Ontario
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.