The Application Security Specialist core function is to build and strengthen enterprise application and systems development security posture through building DevSecOps, monitoring and scanning, and scalable solutions. The Security Specialist will be the expert and thought leader, collaborating and advising leaders of the business units. As part of the Information Security team, the Application Security Specialist will share the corporate security vision with stakeholders, and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and Make Your Mark on Our Next Horizon!
What will you be doing in this role?
- Partner with our DevOps and Application Development teams to build out DevSecOps and integration of security practices in the CI/CD pipeline
- Build and monitor all application environments, automate where possible and investigate
- Support and provide security expertise for current and future application releases
- Penetration testing and security hardening, provide updates to stakeholders on a regular basis
- Continuously monitor and review industry news and potential threats that may impact Gore Mutual, provide recommendations on adopting new technology, processes and practices
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- University Degree in IT Management, Cyber Security, Computer/Systems Engineering or relevant fields, supplemented by Cybersecurity certificates such as CISSP, CEH, CISA, CGEIT or CIPP/C
- Experience working with Enterprise Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS
- Proven success building and deploying DevSecOps in an enterprise environment, ideally from a regulated industry
- Experience with data privacy, compliance and upcoming relevant regulations
- Experience working with Azure Information Protect, Cloud App Security an asset
- Strong influencing and presentation skills, ability to build relationships and work with all audiences
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.