Our Marketing team is expanding and looking for an Event Manager to join the team. If you are passionate about translating business needs into creative, engaging, and impactful experiences for diverse audiences, then we want to hear from you. This role will oversee the end-to-end, strategy, consultation and successful implementation of traditional and virtual events, meetings, and conferences for the organization including internal events (employee townhalls, departmental meetings and project celebrations) and external events (broker and industry meetings, conferences, and tradeshows).
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
- Responsible for end-to-end event management including event strategy, consultation, and event structure and designs that align with event objectives, themes, messaging and tone
- Project manage events including preparing workback schedules, facilitating event committee and debrief meetings, and post-event analytics and insights
- Coordinate all event tactics and logistics for both traditional and virtual environments, including creating event schedules, show flows, registrations and securing guest speakers
- Manage vendor and supplier partnerships including platform services, production companies, food and beverage, décor and stage design, promotional items, and experiential services
- Manage technical production and virtual platform features, enhancing the overall event experience
- Lead rehearsal meetings in Green Room (virtual or in person setting)
- Ensure tactical deliverables are successfully delivered to support the event i.e. slides, multi-media files, set design, video wall, polling, questions and answers, promotional items and marketing materials
- Manage contract negotiations in collaboration with Procurement and IT teams
- Prepare event budget and reconciliation, and manage, track and pay invoices
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a similar role planning and managing a diverse range of traditional and virtual events in a corporate environment
- Minimum 8 years’ experience leading organization-wide event strategy and end-to-end event management services, including event production, brand experience and design
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to articulate and bring an event vision to life
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing environment, managing multiple priorities and events
- Knowledge and understanding of event management best practices to ensure compliance with business law
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.