Assistant General Manager Insurance – Reporting to General Manager
Our client believes the success is its people. A culture driven by understanding first responders, their unique needs and delivering personal service that recognizes the important role our customers play to make our lives safer. This combined with great products and competitive pricing results in a winning formula.
As Assistant General Manager you will assist the General Manager in the responsibilities of:
- People leadership
- Market relations and contracts
- Business Development and Group sponsor relations
- Performance management
- Budget development and monitoring
- Expense control
- Strategic initiatives
- Report analysis
- You will assist in the leadership of a growing team of 15+ reporting to the CEO.
- Develop, implement, and monitor strategies to ensure goals and objectives are attained relating to Sales and Service objectives
- Provide direction and technical support to the team through coaching/guidance
- Generate reports on team performance for management analysis; scheduling shifts and absences/holiday schedules; working as the IT contact
- Contact Underwriters and Adjusters to discuss guidelines and establish internal underwriting and claims policies
- Take escalation calls to support service and sales representatives
- Assist in recruiting and training new staff on workflow, systems, and underwriting
- Inspire the trajectory for performance and engagement
- Ensure tools, workflows and processes are applied to meet company requirements and review for continuous improvement
- Develop marketing strategies and materials to grow existing business and develop new group business
- Assist in development of ongoing customer communication
- Asist in strengthening market and group sponsor relationships
- Develop annual business plan and marketing initiatives
- Monitor marketing spend and reimbursements
- Oversee Legal Protection for Paramedics program
Prior management experience in insurance brokerage or company
RIBO Licensed preferred
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.