We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
The Business Analyst Manager will lead a team of BA's who ensure that an organization’s business and information technology systems support company growth objectives. They will facilitate communication across the organization to enhance business processes, systems quality, efficiency, effectiveness and profitability.
What will you be doing in this role:
- Manage and lead a team of Business Analysts and oversee key deliverables and related activities aligned to projects and business initiatives.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to develop BA team skills and organizational capabilities to meet/exceed strategic goals and achieve business results.
- Work collaboratively with business sponsors, stakeholders and partners to support project deliverables, process changes and systems enhancements across a broad spectrum of initiatives and functional domains, influencing and aligning others as needed.
- Lead requirements analysis, validation, verification and approval. Making sure that requirements are complete, consistent, feasible and verifiable. Translating business and customer requirements to drive the right business outcomes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the business areas, as well as within the project and the overall delivery Team.
- Facilitate and document current state and target state to ensure effects of business processes are understood and communicated to all project stakeholders.
- Provide functional and business level communications to ensure messages to stakeholders are consistent, appropriate and aligned to business strategies and executive management direction
- Working with engineering and deployment teams to effectively design, develop, test and launch scalable solutions and tools that address customer needs while meeting our high standards.
What will you need to succeed in this role:
- Seasoned Business Analyst people leader with proven experience to lead a team, assess, facilitate and ensure deliver holistic project activities aligned to business needs.
- 7+ years of Business Analysis and Enterprise Systems experience.
- Excellent ability to facilitate problem resolution, especially when negotiating with multiple business or stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to understand implications of key decisions on policies, down-stream processes, etc.
- Excellent communicator in all settings (face-to-face, virtual) and with all audiences (such as functional and technical stakeholders, developers, system architects, system analysts).
- Knowledge of Insurance business and systems considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Guidewire is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile projects, Jira and confluence tools is considered an asset.
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.