Title: Senior Auto Underwriter
Location: Work from home (post covid back in the office in GTHA)
- Analyze and underwrite new and renewal business ensuring a profitable book of business.
- Utilize underwriting guidelines and Company best practices to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrate complex decision-making with little or no supervision, providing recommendations where appropriate to maximize profitability.
- Assist less experienced underwriters in the handling of complex accounts.
- Provide technical support, training, and problem solving for other underwriters and support staff on an ongoing basis, encouraging individuals and the team to improve and accelerate performance.
- Direct Underwriting Assistants in coding, policy issuance, statutory filings, endorsement requests and basic underwriting activities.
- Meet with assigned brokers, clients, prospects as required and provide training on products, services, processes and underwriting philosophy.
- Work collaboratively on special projects and assignments requiring advanced technical skills and knowledge when required.
- Provide input on various underwriting, strategic, and other issues.
- 8+ years of progressive experience underwriting Commercial Automobile
- Experience underwriting medium to complex level risks
- Post-secondary education or equivalent related work experience.
- CIP designation, or equivalent level work experience and actively pursuing CIP.
- Thorough knowledge of the trucking industry, coverage features and pricing techniques. Exposure to long haul trucking, fleet, cross border into the U.S.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of underwriting discipline and pricing models.
- Working knowledge of other functional areas (i.e., Claims, Risk Management, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and well-developed negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills; MS Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial lines products and legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with ability to provide justification.
- Ability to foster and build a long-term working relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to focus on the broker and customer needs, ensuring a high quality of service is provided.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.