Are you a technical and intelligent Commercial Broker seeking your next opoprtunity? Our client, a well-established MGA have a great oportunity for you to work on a variety of complex commercial accounts! With an emphasis on work/life balance and commitment to growth, our clients goal is to become one of Canada's top Wholesale Brokers.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain a book of renewal business that includes soliciting renewal applications well in advance of the renewal
- Retain existing accounts by working closely with the broker to ensure the account renews. This may include remarketing of the account
- Market and quote new business to retail brokers.
- Pre- qualifying and enhancing brokers’ submissions in order to obtain the best possible results.
- Create cover notes, invoices, certificates of insurance, letters and other documentation as required.
- Request and follow up with brokers and insurers for outstanding information, endorsements and/or policy documentation in a timely and organized
- Reviews Declarations, wordings and endorsements for accuracy and completeness on each account, with appropriate follow up to correct any
- Provides advice to brokers on commercial insurance issues to add value to their organization.
- Maintain expiry lists, records, and policy files to ensure that they are organized and up to
- Maintains new business production spreadsheet.
Ideally you have:
- Level 2 license.
- At least 5 years of experience as a commercial broker or client service manager, is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Professional designation preferred (i.e - CIP or CAIB).
- Strong technical knowledge of product area or industry.
- Must be client focused.
- Able to work in a team or independently as required.
- Good knowledge of markets and their policy wordings.
- Creative application of products, markets, and alternatives.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.