Our client is a long standing boutique brokerage seeking a strong and dynamic leader to join the team! Our client has been honoured as a Top Insurance Workplace as well as recognised as the fastes growing brokerage in Vancouver; this is a great time to join! As Commercial Director, you are an integral member of the team and contributor of organisationsal success. You will have your hands in multiple pockets incuding leading the team to deliver outstanding client experience, compliance and operations, saes excellence and mentoring.
• Managing and overseeing the Renewal Process including preparing the renewal report, obtaining the binding order, and reviewing policy documentation and delivering to client in a timely manner.
• Ensuring consistent and effective application of all corporate policies and procedures as they apply to the business or to the employees.
• Ensure all procedures, internal client files and correspondence are in compliance with audit standards.
• Conducting regular performance and development reviews with direct report and prioritizing training, coaching and mentoring.
• Coordinating / providing oversight to the advisor team and establish client service plans that prioritize the account activities.
• Assisting client advisors with all aspects of servicing commercial accounts including presenting to clients.
• Optimizing and implement best practices to increase growth of the existing portfolio.
• Leading the strategy for the account renewal and the ongoing requirements during the year, working with the broking team in the marketing process and the negotiations with underwriters.
• Managing claims process and client issues around claims handling to ensure we advocate on behalf of our clients.
• Leading an environment where diligence is executed on invoicing and payment.
• Cross-selling and expanding the existing insurance programs with our clients; developing and managing client relationships to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities.
• Collaborating in the development of sales and marketing strategy designed to cultivate revenue generation opportunities.
• Providing the leadership necessary for development and delivery of insurance and industry related presentations.
• Minimum Level 2 General Insurance License, preferably Level 3.
• Minimum 5 years management experience required.
• University degree or extensive industry experience.
• Minimum 10 years in Commercial Insurance experience.
• High attention to detail and compliance
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Works well in a fast paced, client-focused environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Maintains confidentiality and professionalism.
• Experience with EPIC is an asset.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.