Title: Senior Actuarial Analyst/Associate
Location: Downtown Toronto (Currently working from home)
- Support in implementing and monitoring of the enterprise risk framework for P&C. The risks defined are: underwriting risk, market risk, credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, concentration risk, strategic risk and emerging risk.
- Perform and manage FCT analyses.
- Support all work on Own Risk Solvency Assessment and reporting to OSFI.
- Work closely with the AVP Risk Management to draft the FCT/ORSA Reports and Board presentations.
- Understand financial data and statements, working closely with the Finance Planning department to extract/obtain capital planning inputs.
- Keeps abreast of Canadian P&C industry knowledge and developments.
- Work with the IFRS17 project team to build IFRS17 knowledge and assist with transition of FCT analysis.
- Work with Corporate Actuarial Reserving to provide support and assistance as needed.
- Assists in other risk management work including capital planning, risk reporting requirement (Risk Report and ORCS).
- Has a deep understanding of MRAm reserving processes, reserving and financial data.
- Responsible for quarterly assessment of claims and premium liabilities, including setting of assumptions and assessing the impact of assumption changes.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or other similar fields
- The ACAS/ACIA designation and working towards the FCIA would be considered a strong asset
- 5+ years of knowledge and experience in the property & casualty industry. Experience with reserving and financial forecasting preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of FCT would be considered a strong asset
- A strategic thinker with strong business acumen and problem solving skills
- A strong communicator with excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy as well as solid analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Demonstrates sound judgement in actuarial decision making as well as technical decisions (e.g. modeling decisions, data decisions)
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to analyze current processes and procedures and recommend and implement improvements
- Ability to work with all areas of the company collaboratively to achieve results under tight deadlines
- Advanced Software/ application knowledge including – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of MS Access, and Power BI will be considered a strong asset
- Ability to handle a number of diverse projects and coordinate the activities of others in a performance oriented culture
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.