Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
The Commercial Lines Practice in Toronto is looking for a strong Account Associate to support our Complex Risks commercial accounts in Toronto. This role involves working closely with the Commercial Account Manager. This requires someone who is responsive, strong time management skills and good knowledge of property and casualty experience. This is an ideal role for someone with strong technical and systems experience.
Benefits for being in this position are: excellent exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
- File Management (soft and hard file set up)
- Effective communication with clients
- Respond to third party information requests
- Day to day activities for clients and prospects
- Preparation of client renewal packages (certificates, summaries, etc.)
- Calculating provincial taxes, preparing premium finance quotes, etc.
- Timely issuance of submissions, binders, summaries, policies etc.
- Detailed policy proofing/ fact checking
- Invoicing / Account Receivables tracking
- Managing abeyances and expiry dates
- Forwarding submission to underwriters and following up for responses
- Answering basic client inquiries, communicating with insurance companies
- Input data into computerized database
- Provide assistance where required within team
- Searching for information on the internet
- File management to HUB standards (policy documents, summaries, correspondence, etc.)
- Preparing files for storage
- Effective management of abeyance system
- Expiration & producer reports, filing and distribution
- Assist in collection to HUB standards
- Negotiation and use of Finance Plans
- Minimize DSO to HUB standards
- Client meeting preparation and participation
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent work experience
- RIBO Licensed
- Minimum 5 years of commercial insurance experience i.e. manufacturing, cross border accounts experience desired
- Experience in market negotiations on commercial policies
- Strong aptitude to learn new risks and strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (formulas and pivot tables), PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience on Epic or similar insurance broker management systems
- Strong client management skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Please apply online: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Toronto-ON/Commercial-Lines-Account-Associate--Complex-Risks_R0006768