Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most. Our Commercial Professional Lines unit is looking for a dynamic and results oriented Account Manager to join their growing practice downtown Toronto or flexible based in a HUB Office within Ontario with travel to Toronto and outside GTA. The ideal candidate possesses experience with complex accounts, diverse Property & Casualty insurance experience with emphasis on professional lines programs. This is an ideal role for someone who is hands on and a strong coach and mentor to an account team. This is a great opportunity to work with cross functional teams and an opportunity to interact with various professional lines clients. This role will report to the Regional Vice President, Professional Practice.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Manage an assigned book of business
- Manage, coach, mentor, performance manage, engagement and developing an account team
- Effective communication with commercial clients.
- Creating effective strategies to address client transactions, negotiations and ability to lead discussions.
- Coverage design/analysis: coverage triggers, definitions, exclusions, claims made treatment, and continuity
- Assume various roles dependent on account: marketing, account back up, lead broker etc.
- Marketing: Identifies the client or prospects’ circumstances and placing their deal in the marketplace.
- Participating in Underwriter conference calls and client meetings
- Helping clients select amongst competing quotes
- Participates in formal presentations at the C-Level
- Provides feedback for the annual budget planning process
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- RIBO Licensed
- CIP, FCIP or CRM Designation desired
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Commercial Property & Casualty
- Commercial brokerage experience in professional lines i.e. A&E, E&O
- Prior people management experience
- Experience with complex liability contracts and strong attention to detail
- Experience on Epic broker management system or other BMS
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Resourceful researching skills
- Analytical and strong decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial insurance industry trends
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel up to 25% across Ontario for client meetings. Some travel outside of GTA.
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes “
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Please apply online: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Toronto-ON/Commercial-Lines-Account-Manager--Professional-Lines-_R0006675