HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International’s Employee Benefits & Retirement team continues to grow and created a dynamic role for a strong Product Manager to oversee our product portfolio across Canada. This role will develop the strategic roadmap, involved in the full product life cycle from plan, design, test, rollout, monitor and maintenance. This role is focused on digital products, benefit administration and third-party administration offerings throughout their lifecycle. This will include gathering and prioritizing products, defining client and business requirements, setting the product vision, vendor management, collaboration with internal/external stakeholders and change management. This is an ideal role for a progressive thinker, results-oriented, passionate about product development and strong influencing skills. The Product Manager role can be based in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Halifax, Calgary or Winnipeg and reports directly to the President, Employee Benefits & Retirement. Join us in this exciting journey of growth at HUB in delivering the future of benefits in Canada!
- Translates the employee benefits and retirement business strategy into product strategy and execute launches.
- Supports the development and evolution of overall product roadmap and growth strategy of our products, services and offerings.
- Provides leadership and oversight to the Product Development and Production teams including coaching, mentoring, development and establishment of all product development practices.
- Coordinates product development with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains a complete product catalogue including but not limited to product description, product characteristics, target markets, pricing and contracts.
- Prepares product launch plans in collaboration with marketing and communication teams.
- Project manages the entire product life cycle including strategic planning, concept, research, validation, design, analysis, and tactical activities. This will involve being a key stakeholder in various projects.
- Analyzes features, pricing, profitability, key performance indicators and competitiveness in the marketplace
- Identifies new product opportunities and prepare business cases.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on our products, the market, and the competition.
- Connects with our customers and participates in industry events.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and innovative solutions being implemented across the industry.
- Defines and oversees product feature creation, with a focus on MVP development.
- Initiates and supports the visioning and building of products based on industry experience, market research and ongoing contact with Plan Sponsors, Plan Advisors and Partners as well as internal stakeholders.
- Develops and manages potential third-party relationships for the delivery of products and services.
- Integral participation in the annual development of the business development and communication strategies to ensure adequate alignment between products, sales and marketing/communications.
- Collaborates on RFI/RFP responses as it relates to our product offerings, innovation and the development of custom solutions.
- Manages the development of product-related internal and external documents, presentations, online demonstrations training and other support tools.
- Vendor management across Canada
- Involves and engages Project Manager on strategy and execution plans
- Implementation and management of intake process flow to vet and prioritize opportunities
- Facilitates and conducts focus groups
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education or commensurate work experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ in the group insurance industry with experience in employee benefits and retirement space in Canada
- PMP Designation
- Prior experience in FinTech and digital product management preferred
- GBA/CEBS Designation
- Knowledge of the Canadian benefits and healthcare industry
- Full product development lifecycle experience required
- Excellent research, analytical, organizational, time management
Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in relation to new products or approaches, build consensus around these ideas and translate vision into action.
- Be an agent of change, able to negotiate skilfully in demanding situations to reach consensus while respecting relationships.
- Strong time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Ability to exercise initiative and follow up skills
- Some travel across Canada required (up to 25%)
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Please apply online: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Toronto-ON/Product-Manager--Employee-Benefits---Retirement-_R0006749