Our client is a growing Insurance company looking to expand their team and hire an executive underwriter. This management level position has the team’s highest authority level, and the ability to provide support to less experienced underwriters and get involved with more complex risks.
Title: Executive Underwriter
Location: Downtown (Work from home for time being)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customize solutions for clients when they needs advice on mid-market Construction and Manufacturing risks.
- Work with Actuarial and Claims department to get a holistic picture of each risk, and make Underwriting decisions that make sense for all parties.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and utilize strong technical skills to ensure that risks are assessed properly
- Maintain strong relationships with brokers
- Work collaboratively with the team to coach, mentor and develop staff
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years of Commercial Underwriting experience, with a Construction or Manufacturing focus
- Post-secondary education
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Good at relationship building and provide excellent service to customers
- Completed, or pursuing your CIP designation
- Strong customer service background
- Team-first mentality
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.