Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International continues to grow and created a new role for a National Marketing Analyst (Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance) in Toronto or in any major city across Canada reporting to the National Director, Insurance Business Insights.
This role will work with the individual regions across Canada (local sales, marketing, and service colleagues) to identify, track, and monitor use of unlicensed carriers and provide analytic support to the marketing and sales teams for carrier placement strategies and product development. Through the combination of data analytics, market knowledge around appetite and product availability, this position will support in making recommendations for alternative carriers, understanding placements and our book of business as well as product development. This role will act to complement and help shape the development of the national carrier placement strategy.
This position works closely with Corporate Tax to assist with reporting to the appropriate governmental bodies in a timely manner. This role acts as a resource to support the local teams when they are dealing outside of their normal jurisdiction as well as ensure that each region has an appropriate process in place to ensure accurate and timely submissions.
This is an ideal role for an individual who enjoys research, learning and problem solving as well as working with others to get to the right solution in a deadline focused environment. This is a great collaboration role focused on risk mitigation and implementation and training of HUB’s Best Practices. A background in commercial insurance business accounting experience is desired.
- Assisting Marketing team in the development of a national carrier placement strategy.
- Monitoring of the insurance marketplace. Maintaining an updated database of changing company "appetites" to understand market and coverage availability.
- Running reports and conducting data analytics on commercial books of business to understand placement and product development needs across all regions.
- Tracking and monitoring use of unlicensed carriers by region and provide recommendations for alternative markets based on knowledge of carrier appetite and availability.
- Documenting and validating that the regional unlicensed tax processes are effective, efficient and in compliance.
- Assisting the regions in unlicensed tax matters where they do not have local experience.
- Ensuring the regulations and requirements of the Federal Excise Tax and Provincial Unlicensed Tax are followed.
- Running transactions reports to ensure payments and forms are filed as per requirements.
- Conducting regular auditing across Hub of unlicensed carriers and Lloyds brokers to ensure all unlicensed carriers have been reported correctly, including completion of forms and proper submissions to government bodies.
- Staying well versed in updated Canadian Federal & Provincial Tax law as it relates to insurance and unlicensed carriers in Canada.
- Conducting annual unlicensed carrier training for service staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial insurance industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Insurance preferred
- CIP, FCIP or CRM designation or in progress and qualified to hold Special Brokers Licenses across Canada
- Strong time management skills, goal oriented, and self-directed
- Superior analytical and influencing skills
- Training and project management experience an asset
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- A sense of curiosity and the ability to research and propose recommendations based on existing and newly acquired knowledge
- Strong teamwork and work ethic with a positive attitude
- Availability to support various time zones across Canada
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel (Advanced: pivot tables and formulas), PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Technical aptitude and ability to use other systems i.e. CRM
- Experience in Epic broker management system
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Job Posting Details
CIP Partial Completion
Exp. equivalent to University/College
FCIP - Partial Completion
Minimum Experience Required
5 to 6 Years