Senior Underwriter, Commercial Property & Casualty
must have CIP or close to completion
The Senior Underwriter is responsible for assessing, loss analyzing, negotiating, rating and issuing new business/renewals/endorsements for an assigned portfolio based on company's underwriting and pricing guidelines. The Senior Underwriter role is responsible for achieving the company's profit and underwriting objectives for specified book/portfolio of business, complying with/conforming to Branch and Corporate policies, measures and standards for underwriting, customer service, profitability, productivity and financial management.
Reports to the Regional Underwriting Manager.
The position is required to build and maintain the following relationships:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Implement the company's underwriting strategy: philosophy, authority, control and accountability within the Region, manages a moderately to highly complex book of business to standards of profit, use of capital and risk
- Build trilateral relationships, negotiating sound business deals through trilateral relations with: customers, brokers and reinsurers
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent experience
- CIP or FCIP designation
- Minimum of 7 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience
- Overall experience/exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance
- Working within and demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management and managing local brokerage plans
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities to form effective underwriting recommendations for moderately complex situations
- Sound technical underwriting judgment and decision making
- Organize and complete own work in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Sound negotiating, marketing and advocating skills
- Highly motivated and able to work as a team player, or independently
If interested in applying to this opportunity please contact Antonella Leone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 647-624-9609.